New this year is a program designed for the scout who wants to spend all week on the water. Offering a combination of boating, canoeing, kayaking, fishing on spectacular lakes and world-class
trout streams, the Xtreme Waterfront program is sure to challenge any scout and leave them begging for more. This program is an all-day off-camp program that leaves after breakfast each morning and returns each night before dinner. Participants will camp with their troops.
1. Scouts will need to be at least 14 years old and must qualify as a Swimmer.
2. 1st Class, Canoeing and Camping Merit Badges are highly recommended.
3. Participants must be medically sound for High Adventure activities.
4. Participants must have the items listed on the Personal Gear List.
5. Sunburn and heat related problems have serious long-term consequences. Scouts must be willing to take proper precaution including use of hats, sunscreen and sunglasses.
6. Life jackets (PFD) will be worn at all times while in the canoe.
After an evaluation at the lakefront, if the Waterfront staff determines a scout is not prepared for safely completing the week then the scout will be directed to plan on doing an alternate activity in camp.